We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Retrofit Feasibility Study
Eriks is one of the largest industrial suppliers in the world. Eriks focusses on high end technology items for the industrial market. Eriks has several logistic and service centers in the Benelux of which one in Alkmaar.
Eriks Alkmaar has not changed any processes or systems since 2005. The process is mainly paper based. Given the growth in numbers and complexity and given the planned SAP EWM implementation, Eriks has asked Groenewout to perform a feasibility study, taking into account growth and logistics optimizations.
To define their new layout and logistic concept several steps were taken;
- Analyze current flows, processes and data.
- Set up several new logistic concepts including capex and costs (business case).
- Decide on final concept and set up a new layout and needed m2.
- Set up several financial scenarios, investment planning, implementation planning and what if’s.
- Analyzing their current flows and numbers gave Eriks already a huge insight in their own operation.
- Based on several scenarios, what if’s and cashflow overviews Eriks had all information available to take the right decisions.
- Eriks has a concrete m2 needed calculation incl. growth scenarios (based on different assortments and orderliness).
- Eriks knows the building limitations.
- With the new logistic concept, Eriks is ready for the planned SAP EWM implementation.