We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Distribution Network Study and Implementation
Albert Boehringer started producing tartaric acid back in 1885 in a small factory in Ingelheim, close to the German city of Mainz. Now, over a century later, Boehringer Ingelheim is a major pharmaceutical company generating an annual turnover of more than 13 billion euros. Despite employing 44,000 people worldwide, Boehringer Ingelheim remains a family-owned company to this day.
Boehringer Ingelheim decided to merge its Belgian and Dutch operations, asking Groenewout to carry out a feasibility study to help optimize its logistics processes and support during the implementation.
- Obtain data transparency on sales volumes, logistics-, transition costs and investments.
- Provide a business case proving the efficiency of consolidation of the two warehouses.
- Request for Quotation to potential Logistics Service Providers (LSP) .
- Service Level Agreement with preferred LSP.
- Project management during the implementation roll-out.
- One logistics and distribution operation for the entire Benelux region.
- Optimal and more uniform operations.
- Reduction in logistics costs.