We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Business Performance Improvement Study
Sapa Building System (Sapa BS), a division of the Sapa Group, is a European market leader of building systems based on aluminum profile solutions which operates in 21 countries and generates a yearly net sales of ca. €300 Mio.
To realize a gross margin growth Sapa identified a new challenge in increasing efficiency by 10-20%, which should result in a higher external service level.
Groenewout was asked to perform a business process assessment for Order-To-Delivery (OTD), combined with a customer survey to identify both required and perceived service levels for both internal & external customers.
- Mapping the OTD business processes.
- Data collection & analysis, linking order data to physical and information flows while identifying weak spots.
- (Internal) customer survey to benchmark agreed Service Levels with As-Is performance.
- Root-cause analysis to identify performance failure causes
- Better insights about real OTD performance level against SLA’s and what is reported.
- Advice on which parameters to consider for a fair OTIF measurement.
- Useful feedback from Customer survey to understand their perception.
- Overview of improvement potentials (including Impact-Effort matrix), with a detailed action log and roll-out plan.
- Due to open approach, the acceptance was carried by all business functions (operations, demand & supply planning, transport planning, customer service, finance).
Click here for the interview ‘SAPA streamlines its warehousing activities’.